TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Pizan's Big Blue Draft: pt. 2

3 posters

Go down

Pizan's Big Blue Draft: pt. 2 Empty Pizan's Big Blue Draft: pt. 2

Post  Pizan Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:58 am

This is based off of my Mock Draft.

Round 1 -

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

Finally a Dominant force in the middle of our Defense.

Round 2 - *Trade Back in 2nd round acquire another 4th round pick. Last year Carolina gave up a future 1st to get an early 2nd. We might be able to squeeze out a 3rd if we're lucky but I wouldnt be mad with a 4th.

Donald Butler MLB Washington

One of the most underrated draft prospects. Butler is smart enough to compete immediately for the starting MLB spot. His game vs USC and other big competition is what sold me. When his team needs a play, he makes it. Top intangibles.

Round 3 -

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB Indiana (PA)

A small school prospect with a hard to pronounce name, the Giants love these guys. Also, a great returner.

Round 4 -

George Selvie DE South Florida

A bit forgotten but a good player who could play either DE position in a 4-3.

Brandon Carter OG Texas Tech

Massive guard who has potential to play RT in he NFL. Held Suh and McCoy without a sack. Can compete with Seubert immediately.

Round 5 -

Eric Olsen C Notre Dame

Smart strong center with potential to replace O'Hara. Native to the New York/New Jersey area.

Round 6 -

Dominick Randolph QB Holy Cross

Development prospect who could win the 3rd QB spot. Very good potential.

Round 7 -

Nate Byham TE Pittsburgh

Good Blocking TE.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Pizan's Big Blue Draft: pt. 2 Empty Re: Pizan's Big Blue Draft: pt. 2

Post  Big_Pete Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:05 am

Very interesting'

personally I am not sold on Bulter in the 2nd round, he seems more of a 3rd round talent in my opinion. I am just not sold on him, but certainly good be convinced.

I like the CB from indiana, but there will be other options as well.

I also think Selvie is perhaps a round too early, but is a decent prospect.
Personally the mid round DE I really like is Daniel Te’o-Nesheim from Washington (6-3½, 263, 4.75) - he is physical and a quality pass rusher with great production. He probably has the ability to play OLB, 4-3 DE and perhaps 3-4 DE; he is a great fit for the Giants 4-3.

The others are all decent fits and good value.

I think we may add a safety at some point too

but all in all a very nice job, I could see something similar to that panning out on draft day, nice work Smile

btw, this is the first year the draft will be televised live in Australia (friday morning), I am really excited about it.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:31 am

That's awesome Pete, I'm happy for ya.

I think Donald Butler has all the tools to be a probowl MLB. I'm very high on him. With Ross having the experience at safety I much rather improve our corner depth and also get a returner. Although if we happen to go safety I really like Darrell stuckey. Selvie showed tons of potential his sophomore season I think we are getting a steal with him in the 4th.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 am

Potential depth chart

Qb- manning, sorgi, randolph
Rb- Jacobs, Bradshaw, brown, Johnson
Fb- hedgecock
Wr- smith, nicks, manningham, barden, moss, hagan
Te- boss, beckum, byham
Ot- diehl, mckenzie, Beatty, whimper
Og- snee, seubert, Carter, boothe
Oc- o'hara, olsen

De- tuck, kiwi, tollefson, selvie
Dt- canty, suh, Alford, benard
Slb- sintim, kehl, deossie
MLB- butler, goff
Wlb- boley, Blackburn
Cb- Webster, Thomas, Ross, owusu-ansah, Johnson
S- rolle, Phillips, grant, Johnson

K- tynes
P- feagles or bond
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Pizan wrote:That's awesome Pete, I'm happy for ya.

I think Donald Butler has all the tools to be a probowl MLB. I'm very high on him. With Ross having the experience at safety I much rather improve our corner depth and also get a returner. Although if we happen to go safety I really like Darrell stuckey. Selvie showed tons of potential his sophomore season I think we are getting a steal with him in the 4th.

I have head mixed results on Butler, but we will see. As far as I am conerned the jury is out, he may be a boom or bust player. But I can understand the reasons you rate him. He is probably the best MLB in the second round though.

You could be right on Selvie, but personally I am not sold on him. I would have expected more production from and NFL calibre DE, partiuclarly with the emergemce of a bookend like Pierre-Paul and having guys like Nate Allen and Jerome Murphy in the backfield (all three of whome are rated as potential 1st or 2nd round draft picks)
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Big_Pete wrote:
Pizan wrote:That's awesome Pete, I'm happy for ya.

I have head mixed results on Butler, but we will see. As far as I am conerned the jury is out, he may be a boom or bust player. But I can understand the reasons you rate him. He is probably the best MLB in the second round though.

You could be right on Selvie, but personally I am not sold on him. I would have expected more production from and NFL calibre DE, partiuclarly with the emergemce of a bookend like Pierre-Paul and having guys like Nate Allen and Jerome Murphy in the backfield (all three of whome are rated as potential 1st or 2nd round draft picks)

I sat and watched JPP and Selvie on tape and noticed that Selvie is much better vs the run. He does a very good job disengaging keeping the pressure while keeping his eyes on the target. He's a very heads up player. You'll also see in the film that it wasnt JPP receiving the double teams, it was Selvie. At the combine Olinemen were asked who was the toughest player they had faced. 4 or 5 times Selvies name was mentioned.

IMO JPP is one of the most over rated players in this draft. He runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. I hope the Giants scouts went back and watched JPP's game vs West Virginia. Thats a prime example at what your getting with him.

Anthony Davis and Selvie were actually some fun matchups to watch over the years.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:29 pm

you certainly have some good points. I will concede that Selvie is good value in the mid rounds.

Pierre-Paul is raw and needs time to develop, but he has much better upside.

It is very possible that Selvie has been over scrutinised after not living up to his early billing as one of the top DEs this year. That doesn't make him a bad player.

I also like CJ Wilson from East Carolina as a mid round option to backup Tuck
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 am

I'll go on record even before my annual draft bust list and say jpp will be on that list. Jpp will bust.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Pizan wrote:I'll go on record even before my annual draft bust list and say jpp will be on that list. Jpp will bust.
Oh Boy! I hope your dead wrong on this one. lol
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 pm

lol me too.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro