TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Similar topics
Training Camp Updates

Indoctrinating children into our "cult"

2 posters

Go down

Indoctrinating children into our "cult" Empty Indoctrinating children into our "cult"

Post  Bluenatic Tue May 04, 2010 11:52 am

As die hard Giants fans, we have all experienced first-hand the anxiety and disappointment that often overrides the simple joys of rooting for this franchise from week to week, year to year. Sometimes, it can be unbearable.

Because of this, I recently got to thinking about whether or not it's fair to encourage my young daughter to give her heart to the Giants, knowing what I know about the true nature of fandom.

My thoughts on this in my most recent post to Bluenatic:

http://bluenatic.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-precious-daughter-ruby-will-be-10.html

Bluenatic
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Indoctrinating children into our "cult" Empty Re: Indoctrinating children into our "cult"

Post  Big_Pete Thu May 06, 2010 6:35 pm

I don't see it as an issue if your daughter becomes a Giants fan

Yes there are highs and lows and it can be damn frustrating at times, but there is also the thrill when the Giants exceed expectations to win, for example it was awesome when the Giants won SB42 after they had been written off at every stage of the playoffs and everyone expected the undefeated Patriots to win.

Supporting a team is never easy

There is also the many hours you can spend with your daughter watching games etc, discussing Giants etc.

Having said that don't force it her throught, but if she is genuinally interested, I would certainly encourage her. After all she may want to spend time with her dad Smile
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down