TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

My pre-training camp roster predictions

2 posters

Go down

My pre-training camp roster predictions Empty My pre-training camp roster predictions

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Here is my pre-training camp preditions on our 53 man roster

(positions based on the NYG roster)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offense (25)

QB (3) - Eli Manning, Jim Sorgi, Rhett Bhomar, Riley Skinner

WR (6) - Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Ramsees Bareden, Sinorice Moss, Derek Hagan, Tim Brown, Victor Cruz, Duke Calhoun

RB (4) - Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Aaron Brown, Gatrell Johnson, DJ Ware

FB (1) - Madison Hedgecock, Jerome Johnson

TE (3) - Kevin Boss, Travis Beckum, Bear Pascoe, Scott Chandler

T (4) - Kareem McKenzie, David Diehl*, William Beatty, Guy Whimper, Adam Koets, Herb Taylor

G (3) - Chris Snee, Mitch Petrus**, Rich Seubert**, Kevin Boothe, Dennis Landolt, Jacob Bender, Riley Reuben

C (1) - Shaun O'Hara, Jim Cordle

* starting LG
** backup Center
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense (25)

DE (4) - Justin Tuck, Matthias Kiwanuka, Osi Umenyiora, Jason Pierre-Paul, Dave Tollefsen, Ayanga Okpokowuruk

DT (5) - Chris Canty, Barry Cofield, Linval Joseph, Rocky Bernard, Jay Alford, Nate Collins, Dwayne Hendricks

LB (6) - Michael Boley, Clint Sintim, Jon Goff, Phillip Dillard, Gerris Wilkinson, Brian Kehl, Aaron Tracy, Chase Blackburn, Kenny Ingram

CB (5) - Corey Webster, Terrell Thomas, Aaron Ross, Bruce Johnson, DJ Johnson, Courtney Brown

S (5) - Antrell Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Deon Grant, Chad Jones, Michael Johnson, Shareff Rashad, Seth Williams, Michael Greco

Special Teams (3)

LS (1) - Zak DeOssie

K (1) - Lawrence Tynes

P (1) - Matt Dodge

Injured Reserve (1)

WR Domenik Hixon

Last edited by Big_Pete on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

My pre-training camp roster predictions Empty Re: My pre-training camp roster predictions

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 pm

what I find interesting is the level of depth at some positions.

It looks like some familiar Giants could be on the way out.

I am really surprised at the lack of depth at CB at the moment. Even if we intend having 5 CBs on the roster, we have only one extra in camp.

We also have a heck of a lot of spots on our 80 man roster for safeties (10%) and wide receivers (11.25%) when; particularly when it there will be limited opportunities for some of these guys to make the 53 man roster.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

My pre-training camp roster predictions Empty Re: My pre-training camp roster predictions

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:05 am

Looks pretty good.
Although I do like Blackburn over Wilkinson. Adrian Tracy should find his way onto the practice squad.

56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 pm

TD wrote:Looks pretty good.
Although I do like Blackburn over Wilkinson. Adrian Tracy should find his way onto the practice squad.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Tracy made the final roster (as a developmental/special teams guy.

LB is going to be the toughest competition on the roster. If Dillard and Goff can

I think Wilkinson, Blacburn and Kehl all really have to perform big time in camp.

I do think Blacburn will be one of the odd men out, here is why....

I have assumed 6 roster spots at LB (not counting DeOssie as a LS)

Goff and Dillard have the inside running at MLB at this stage
Sintim is pretty entrenched at SLB, Boley at WLB

Wilkinson and Kehl can both play WLB - I think there is one roster spot between them

Blackburn isn't really a great fit at either SLB or WLB which is why I think he gets squeezed out in the final roster cuts in favour of Tracy (as a developmental SLB and special teamer); Dillard and Goff can probably cover SLB if need be.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Chase, but thats my gut feeling of how things will shape up (at this stage).

I also think with the focus we have on safeties on the roster we will use more nickle packages using three safeties.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:35 am

yeah, you could be right the more I think about it.

Goff and Dillard will likely have the edge over Chase in the middle. (Chase's best position imo.)I still like Chase better than Goff there though
And Chase doesn't really have the speeed I'd like to see at weakside. While Wilk and Kehl do have speed they need to utilize it and learn to tackle better (Kehl) when they get their chance to do so.

Having said that, Blackburm may be our best special teams player out of all of them but that should be replaceable hopefully with Dillard or someone else steps up.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down