TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Plax fined 45 grand

2 posters

Go down

Plax fined 45 grand Empty Plax fined 45 grand

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:01 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/10/plax-gets-45k-fine.html

Plax handed $45K in fines
Plaxico Burress’ paycheck took another hit this week when he was fined $45,000 by the NFL.

The Giants’ No. 1 receiver, who is collecting fines lately at a seemingly record pace, was hit by the league for three different incidents in the Giants’ win over San Francisco last Sunday. He was fined $20,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct, which also drew a 15-yard penalty from the officials after he questioned them for calling him for offensive pass interference. Then he was fined $20,000 more for his postgame comments about the officiating.

He was also fined $5,000 for throwing the ball into the stands after his lone touchdown in that game. And it’s a good bet he probably was fined an additional amount by the Giants for cursing at Tom Coughlin as he walked off the field.

The offensive pass interference penalty was the flashpoint for everything for Burress. After the game, he called that “one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen” and he obviously said as much to the referee on the field.

“When we sent it in (to the league), of course it will come back tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday and (the league will) say it should have been a no call,” Burress said after the game. “But that doesn’t help us an dit doesn’t help me. It’s a third-down play. It was critical. And he just totally blew the call.”

“I just thought the (official) made a bad call and I expressed myself,” Burress added. “I thought it was a terrible call and in the heat of the moment words were said and you keep on moving.”

Also after the game, Burress said he confronted the official in the tunnel at halftime and questioned why 49ers cornerback Nate Clements was getting away with holding him. However, the officials reported no such confrontation to the league, so Burress was not penalized for that.

Meanwhile, Giants center Shaun O’Hara was also fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness for a late hit in the same game.

56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Plax fined 45 grand Empty Re: Plax fined 45 grand

Post  Big_Pete Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:25 pm

I am really sick of Burress's crap

Burress is a good player no doubt and the Giants are not better without him, but enough is enough. The Giants should consider trading him in the offseason, we should easily get what we got for Shockey (a 2nd and a 5th pick) for him.

Burress has had plenty of changes, at some point it has to stop. Let him go play for a team like the Browns or Jets.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 pm

more info on Burress from insidefootball.com

Sunday, October 26, 2008
Plax: Here We Go Again

Fox Sports has reported that WR Plaxico Burress missed a treatment on Saturday for his sore neck and as a result, he will be held out at least one series of today's game.

More details to come later, I'm sure.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:01 pm

It is getting a little crazy I'll admit and it's probably only a matter of time before he's no longer a Giant.

I can see Plax finishing out the year and if his attitude is ever going to change then it will be going into training camp next summer. He's going to have to make a commitment by then.

The Giants organization isn't going to go through another year of this crap. We've practically won two games this year without him. Today against the Steelers being one of those games.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:37 pm

I think the writing is on the wall for sure.

The front office did the right thing by Burress with a new contract and his attitude hasn't improved.

I really think enough will be enough, I doubt he will be a Giant next year unless he has a major attitude improvement.

we should at least be able to get the 2nd and 5th round picks for him. I guess it is up to potential suitors.

The teams in the biggest need of a #1 WR are Oakland, Seattle, San Fransisco, Tampa Bay, Miami and Tennessee.

Burress is alot better than the top FA WRs (T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Antonio Bryant and Devery Henderson)
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down