TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Senior Bowl - Giant player discussions

4 posters

Go down

Senior Bowl - Giant player discussions Empty Senior Bowl - Giant player discussions

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 am

here is a list of the players the Giants have been seen talking with.

Wednesday - LB Mark Herzlich, Boston College
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Senior Bowl - Giant player discussions Empty Re: Senior Bowl - Giant player discussions

Post  Pizan Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:51 pm

You just made my day. Herzlich is my favorite backer in this class.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Senior Bowl - Giant player discussions Empty Re: Senior Bowl - Giant player discussions

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Pizan wrote:You just made my day. Herzlich is my favorite backer in this class.

I have a lot of time for Herzlich as well. He seems to have recovered pretty well from his cancer.

He would be a great fit in a NYG uniform.

It is interesting that he is the only player they have been noticed talking to.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

here is some more info from draftcountown at the seniorbowl

Those representing Martez Wilson feel the Illinois linebacker is really going to impress at the Scouting Combine next month, where he plans to work out completely. Wilson is now 100% healthy after missing most of the 2009 season with a neck injury. Wilson is checking in at about 6-4 and 249 pounds and fully expects to run in the low-to-mid 4.5’s while putting up somewhere between 29 and 33 reps of 225 on the bench press. Wilson is working with former NFL star Sam Mills and is being looked at as both an inside and outside ‘backer. Steve Brown of PSP, who has also worked with the likes of Julian Peterson, Shawne Merriman and LaVar Arrington, said Wilson is the most impressive specimen.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm

In that case you may find this interview interesting

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interviews/Mark-Herzlich/Mark-Herzlich.php
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Herzlich is one of the players I am keeping a very close eye on, he has all the tools, I just want to confirm how well he has recovered.

I very nearly had him in my latest Giants mock draft in the second round.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  markyt79 Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 am

Big_Pete wrote:here is some more info from draftcountown at the seniorbowl

Those representing Martez Wilson feel the Illinois linebacker is really going to impress at the Scouting Combine next month, where he plans to work out completely. Wilson is now 100% healthy after missing most of the 2009 season with a neck injury. Wilson is checking in at about 6-4 and 249 pounds and fully expects to run in the low-to-mid 4.5’s while putting up somewhere between 29 and 33 reps of 225 on the bench press. Wilson is working with former NFL star Sam Mills and is being looked at as both an inside and outside ‘backer. Steve Brown of PSP, who has also worked with the likes of Julian Peterson, Shawne Merriman and LaVar Arrington, said Wilson is the most impressive specimen.

Wilson would be a great addition to compete for the IL job!
markyt79
markyt79
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  markyt79 Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:29 am

Herzlich is definitely a player who would be great for the Giants. He has the natural talent and awareness to be a great nfl player. I can see him fighting back to full strength like he fought the cancer. I think he would be worth the risk in the 2nd or 3rd round if hes available.
markyt79
markyt79
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 am

For anybody that doesn't know. The Senior Bowl is scheduled for today Sat. Jan, 29 at 4:00pm est.

Here is a link to the rosters
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/23/1952350/2011-senior-bowl-rosters

btw, welcome to the forum markyt. Looks like you live about 15 minutes away from me.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi MarkyT, welcome to the forums Smile

I am really looking forward to the scouting combine, that will confirm numbers etc.

Kelvin Sheppard has impressed and he is a guy I have been watching, I am a bit disappointed in Greg Jones, I think he can excel in the right scheme, but I don't think it is ours.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:51 am

Senior Bowl Notes:

Herzlich was again impressive and from what he showed me I personally think he has the ability to make the switch to MLB in a few years but if he doesn't he'll be an excellent SLB. Solidified himself as a 2nd round pick IMO. A lot like Brian Urlacher and Chad Greenway. He'll be a great coverage backer.

Stanzi impressed me at QB. I think he has a chance to be one of the better QBs outta this draft.

Phil Taylor DT from Baylor was just a beast in there.

Colin McCarthy made good angles from the MLB position. Played smart and intense much like Herz.

The corner from Stanford, I can't think of his name, he opened my eyes a little bit. He recovered nicely after biting hard on a fake pump. He's a lot like Webster IMO. Tall corner still learning the position after switching from WR. I like his potential. Reminds me a little of Al Harris as well.

The FB from Stanford has Giants written all over him. Would be a great FB for us and a stand out on all specials.

Kerrigan from Purdue was an excellent pass rusher, reminded me of pat kerney.

Im sure there is more Im leaving out.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 am

I agree with Herzlich, Taylor and Owen Marecic (the FB from Stanford)

I would also add Cameron Jordan, he is a beast. He could play either DE or DT and is good against the pass and the run. He reminds me a bit of Justin Tuck.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  markyt79 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 am

56 Crazed Dogs wrote:For anybody that doesn't know. The Senior Bowl is scheduled for today Sat. Jan, 29 at 4:00pm est.

btw, welcome to the forum markyt. Looks like you live about 15 minutes away from me.
Thanks for the welcome! Where abouts are u if u dont mind saying or at least what direction? I look forward to a lot of good conversation about my favorite team in my favorite sport!
markyt79
markyt79
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  markyt79 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:44 am

Big_Pete wrote:Hi MarkyT, welcome to the forums Smile

I am really looking forward to the scouting combine, that will confirm numbers etc.

Kelvin Sheppard has impressed and he is a guy I have been watching, I am a bit disappointed in Greg Jones, I think he can excel in the right scheme, but I don't think it is ours.

Again thanks for the welcome!

I really can't wait until the combine to see where these guys all line up with the stats, but the game tape has told me a lot about these young men. There are so many good prospects that I want to see more of and get a better grasp of what kind of nfl players they might become.
markyt79
markyt79
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 pm

markyt79 wrote:
56 Crazed Dogs wrote:For anybody that doesn't know. The Senior Bowl is scheduled for today Sat. Jan, 29 at 4:00pm est.

Thanks for the welcome! Where abouts are u if u dont mind saying or at least what direction? I look forward to a lot of good conversation about my favorite team in my favorite sport!
Whitney Pt.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  markyt79 Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 am

56 Crazed Dogs wrote:
markyt79 wrote:

Whitney Pt.

Yep you are pretty close... Smile
markyt79
markyt79
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down