TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

My final mock draft

2 posters

Go down

My final mock draft Empty My final mock draft

Post  Big_Pete Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 am

Here is my final mock draft

32. G/T Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State (6-3⅝, 311, 5.43)

A physical lineman with a nasty streak who could play either guard or right tackle. He is a similar style of lineman to Iupati or the Pouncey, but with more versatility. Our Oline has lacked physicallity and we can upgrade either LG or RT. Silatolu is a very good run blocker and needs to work on his pass blocking (but has definate ability). Start him off at left guard and in a year he should be able to play right tackle. This is the type of talent that will majorly upgrade our running game.
This is very similar to where we drafted Snee.

63. OLB Zach Brown, North Carolina (6-1¼, 244, 4.48)

Brown will slide due to him being purely a 4-3 WLB a long with a very deep LB class. There has been concern about his production, but he is very fast, athletic. Brown has decent ability in coverage and potential as a pass rusher. He is a stud on special teams.
I don't think Lewis or Kendricks is still available. Brown can develop behind Rivers

Trade: Example draft day trade: Giants trade Osi Umenyiora to Seattle for their third round pick #75. I think Osi will be traded for an early-mid third round pick.

75. RB Robert Turbin, Utah State (5-10, 222, 4.50)

Turbin is a physical runner with good vision and instincts that can move the chains, He also has good hands.

94. DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati (6-5⅛, 295, 5.01)

Wolfe is a raw, but powerful and quick. He is a good player to develop for the future as well as provide insurance should Austin not develop.

127. DE Jake Bequette, Arkansas (6-4⅝, 274, 4.82)

Coming off a shoulder injury, Bequette will go lower than he should on talent alone. He is a good all round DE with ability against the run as well as solid pass rush ability.

131. MLB Travis Lewis Oklahoma (6-1⅜, 253, 4.75)

Lewis is under rated. He can play MLB in our system. He is a good tackler with good coverage skills. Lewis is an instinctive player who is like a coach on the field.

201. TE Taylor Thompson, Southern Methodist (6-6, 259, 4.55)

Thompson is a small school DE with good physical tools and good hands. He worked out well as a TE on his pro day. He is a good developmental prospect.

239. CB Chris Greenwood, Albion (6-1¼, 193, 4.42)

A small school DB with good size and speed. Greenwood will compete for a spot and be good on special teams

I did consider WR, but I think the front office are happy to see what they have with Jernigan and Barden.

Possible Roster

QB (2) - Manning, Carr

RB (4) - Bradshaw, Turbin, Scott, Ware/ Brown

FB (1) - Hynoski

WR (5) - Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Jernigan, Hixon

TE (3) - Bennett, Pascoe, Hopkins/ Thompson + PUP: Ballard*, Beckum*

RT (2) - Diehl, Locklear/ Reinders

RG (2) - Snee, Petrus

C (1) - Baas

LG (2) - Silatolu, Boothe

LT (2) - Beatty, Brewer

LDE (2) - Tuck, Bequette

LDT (2) - Joseph, Austin

RDT (2) - Canty, Wolfe

RDE (3) - Pierre-Paul, Kiwanuka, Sintim/ Trattou

SLB (2) - Boley, Williams

MLB (3) - Lewis, Herzlich, Blackburn/ G Jones

WLB (2) - Rivers, Brown

CB (5) - Webster, Thomas, Amukamara, Moulden, Coe/ Johnson/ Tryon /Greenwood

S (5) - Rolle, Phillips, Sash, Horton, Brown/ C Jones

K (1) - Tynes

P (1) - Weatherford

LS (1) - DeOssie
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

My final mock draft Empty Re: My final mock draft

Post  Pizan Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Very Good. You pretty much covered everything but WR and it seems we have a very real shot at getting those players. I may disagree with the Brown pick only because I'd prefer a true MLB then moving Boley over but you kinda saved it with the Travis Lewis pick. I like Ronnell Lewis but your right, at this point it doesn't look like he'll last to our pick in the 2nd round. Definitely agree with the Osi trade and I like the Turbin pick. I personally think Wolfe goes in the second because of his ability to play 5-tech as well but thats just a personal prediction not the general consensus among the draft experts.

I'd be very happy with that draft. Good job, Pete.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Pizan wrote:Very Good. You pretty much covered everything but WR and it seems we have a very real shot at getting those players. I may disagree with the Brown pick only because I'd prefer a true MLB then moving Boley over but you kinda saved it with the Travis Lewis pick. I like Ronnell Lewis but your right, at this point it doesn't look like he'll last to our pick in the 2nd round. Definitely agree with the Osi trade and I like the Turbin pick. I personally think Wolfe goes in the second because of his ability to play 5-tech as well but thats just a personal prediction not the general consensus among the draft experts.

I'd be very happy with that draft. Good job, Pete.

The round two pick is very interesting. We could go with a few ways.
I also like really LB Ronnell Lewis, we could easily pick up him with Boley/Lewis as SLB and Rivers/Williams at WLB.
I also considered WR Mohamaed Sanu, whom I really like. But I think we are fairly happy with the guys we have and want to see what they can do.
The final guy I considered was OT Keleche Osmele. I think he would be a great fit at RT, but I am not sold that we will go with Oline in both early rounds.

If we didn't go with Brown, I like DeMario Davis, Arkansas State in the 4th round.

In the end I went with Brown, I think he could very well be available and would be good value at 63
He has his speed and athleticism in spades. He has elite physical tools and I think he just needs development.
Zach Brown's speed, explosion and athleticism playing outside JPP and Co would be quite nasty once he develops.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down