TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Sinorice Moss Interview

2 posters

Go down

Sinorice Moss Interview Empty Sinorice Moss Interview

Post  Big_Pete Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 pm

from http://trainathought.insidefootball.com/2008/07/frankly-speakin.html

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Frankly Speaking... With Sinorice Moss

How do you feel your camp is going so far?
Sinorice: It’s going very well. We’re progressing through the schemes and getting a lot of passes thrown our way and we’re making some plays. In the first practice, there were some deep balls thrown to a couple of receivers, including myself, and we made some key grabs. It’s important for me and all of us to keep doing that-catching and getting better every day so we’re ready for the season.

Coach Coughlin was asked how your spirits were when you weren’t playing last year and he said you kept a very positive attitude. When asked what he wanted to see from you this year, he said consistency. Do you think he was referring primarily to the need to stay consistently injury-free this year or was he referring to a need for consistency on the field?
Sinorice: Coach could have been referring to staying consistently healthy or being consistent on the field. It’s important that once you make a big play to come back and do it again. Coaches look for that. If you run good routes or get off the line of scrimmage well, they watch for you to keep doing it consistently. So, I think he’s saying he’s looking for me to be consistent in my play.

I think I’m pretty consistent but I think I could be even more consistent. There’s always room to work and get better so if I can keep my consistency up, that will be good. More is expected of high draft picks, of course.

Of course it was frustrating (last year) because you want to be out there and contributing to the team but as a teammate, if some receiver needs some help, I can do that and it’s important for me to help them. I try to always keep a positive attitude about being on this team and keeping focused.

You said you try to maintain a positive attitude but it still must have been difficult to have to sit and watch the playoff run.
Sinorice: It was; it was. I know I can make a contribution to this team and it was very difficult to just sit and watch.

Do you feel under more pressure because you were a high pick and have had injuries on top of that?
Sinorice: I wouldn’t say I feel under more pressure but for myself, I’m so competitive that I want to get out and I want to show the world what I’m capable of doing for this team. I just have to stay out there and maintain focus and make plays for this team so when I do have an opportunity, I’ll shine.

Amani Toomer, who didn't get off to a good start in his career either, was asked about you the other day. He said always thought you kept your head up and in the game and added that you were a good receiver. Has he had any advice for youtalked about that with you?
Sinorice: I do try to keep a positive attitude but you can always use a pep talk from a veteran guy. He’s going on his 13th season and knowing what Amani Toomer went through and some other guys on this team went through who didn’t start well but they kept pushing and they stayed positive and when they had the opportunity they shined. They did their job and contributed to the team a lot so the times I’ve had the opportunity to talk with Amani he told me to focus on the day at hand. He said to just try to contribute every day and do my best.

If you could coach the offense for a day, how would you best use Sinorice Moss?
Sinorice: I would say as a coach I would put myself in the slot. And I would put me outside as well and I’d give me an opportunity to contribute to this team. As far as the slot or outside goes, it’s kind of a mismatch-a fast guy on a linebacker or a fast guy on a deep field safety. So a guy with speed and quickness, if you place him in the slot, it gives him an opportunity to mismatch against a guy who isn’t so fast. That always works out pretty well. In the slot you can maybe use your quickness a lot more because of the mismatch but you can use it running the long routes on the outside too.

How do you feel about the new no-force-out rule?
Sinorice: I think it’s going to be controversial. In the past we had some calls on sideline catches that Amani made that were ruled in so taking that rule out is going to cause a lot of controversy. I don’t think the rule should have been changed but I don’t have anything to say about it. They may even change it back next year.

Given that your career didn’t get off to a great start here, have you ever thought that it might just be better to go to another team to get a fresh start?
Sinorice: Honestly, I have loved this team since the first day they drafted me. I have this passion about coming in here and being successful. So, for me to go anywhere, it’s not even in my mind frame. My mind frame is to come out here every day and to work hard and show these coaches what I’m capable of doing for this team.

I plan to just have that positive attitude every day, every night, no matter what. Even through the hard days, the tough days, I just want to come out here with that positive attitude and keep working. This is where I want to be. I love being up here and I love playing for this organization so this is where I want to remain.

by G. Bahr
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Sinorice Moss Interview Empty Re: Sinorice Moss Interview

Post  Bigblue25 Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Sinorice's only role right now is to mimic Santana Moss for week one, after camp bye bye Sinorice (if Kenny Phillips doesn't knock him out before camp is done)
Bigblue25
Bigblue25
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:22 pm

I don't agree with you here

Moss has his best practice as a Giant by far the other day, and he seems to be getting better.

Lets see how he goes for the whole training camp and in preseason.

It is interedting that Amani Toomer was in the same position at this stage of his career and he turned out ok. I am not saying that Moss is Toomer, but he does deserve a chance.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:27 pm

another interesting read, note Toomer's comments on Moss..

from http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/08/01/2008-08-01_giants_receiver_sinorice_moss_trying_to_-2.html

Giants receiver Sinorice Moss trying to grow from injury woes
BY RALPH VACCHIANO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, August 1st 2008, 10:10 PM

ALBANY - Sinorice Moss is as disappointed as anyone by the way his first two NFL seasons have gone. But he's not ready to give up on himself yet. And neither are the Giants.

That's why the speedy 5-8 receiver is still at training camp at the University at Albany, despite the wealth of talent the Giants seem to have at his position. A 2006 second-round pick out of Miami, Moss is at best fourth on the depth chart, and feeling pressure from behind him.

He knows this might be his last chance to earn a spot on the team.

"It's been very frustrating," Moss said. "I wanted to go out there and help the team: contribute and perform, but injuries have slowed me down. My opportunity is here now and it's time for me to show up."

Injuries have been Moss' biggest issue. He missed much of his rookie season with a lingering quad issue, then was knocked out of the end of last season and the Giants' entire playoff run with a hip problem.

But coaches also have been frustrated by Moss' struggles to learn the offense and his inconsistency in practice. It doesn't help that the team has veterans Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer, and two other promising young receivers in Mario Manningham and Steve Smith. Moss also could have less value than Dominek Hixon and David Tyree because he's failed to make his mark on special teams.

Throw in first-year pro Brandon London, who's having an excellent camp, and the situation becomes even tougher for Moss.

But he doesn't have to look far to find an example of receivers who struggle early in their careers, only to eventually put it all together. Toomer is the Giants' all-time leader in many receiving categories. But in his first two seasons, Toomer, a second-rounder in 1996, caught only 17 passes for 275 yards in 23 games.

Moss' two-year totals, in just 19 games, are 26 catches for 250 yards.

"It's a very similar story," Toomer said. "But I think he has a lot of potential, and I think that he's working real hard. Personally, I think that he is going to pan out."

"I've spoke to a couple of guys who've had problems in their early years when they first got into the NFL," Moss added. "Everything takes time. Some guys it doesn't. Some guys it does. I'll keep the same positive attitude I've had since I got here, and I'll continue to work hard, because hard work pays off."

I really like Moss' attitude, work ethic and dedication to the Giants; I hope it all comes together for him this preseason.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigblue25 Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 am

I am happy to see Moss doing well in camp but, there are only so many reciever spots open. Moss has great straight line speed maybe we can use on kr/pr, but i don't see him getting a spot. (Plex,Manningham,Smith,Tyree,Toomer,Jennings). I don't see Tyree getting cut after being the super bowl hero (by the way Tyree is the SI cover boy again) Plex and Manningham aren't praticing due to injury, lets see how Moss does in the preseason games he should get alot of oppurtinity to prove himself there
Bigblue25
Bigblue25
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:12 pm

I think Tyree will start the season on the physically unable to perform list; that will give him another 6 weeks to be ready (I think he will need it)

Moss may well be on the outer, he does need a good camp from here.

The other big issue is Burress's ankle, if it is that bad, then why is he on the sidelines and not in with the medical staff working on it or rehabbing it?

I could see the Giants taking 7 WRs this year; Toomer is also in the twilight of his career, so carrying an extra guy isn't such a bad idea.

We have the extra roster spot with Alford/DeOssie doing the long snaps. Last year we had an extra OL, but we should be able to have 8 guys who could start, so depth will not be an issue this year.

At this point I would say Burress, Toomer, Smith and Manningham are locks.

If Tyree starts on pup then Hixon, Moss, London, Hall and Thorpe are fighting for 2 or 3 roster spots.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down