TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Interview with Sinorice Moss

3 posters

Go down

Interview with Sinorice Moss Empty Interview with Sinorice Moss

Post  Big_Pete Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:44 pm

from insidefootball.com
This is not the same interview that was done today with other reporters – this one was done a couple days ago and was a one-on-one, so the questions and responses are very different.

Q: In speaking with Coach Quinn about what you need to do to win the punt return job, he thought perhaps you didn’t always trust what you saw. Is that accurate?

A: I wouldn't say that. Coach has his opinions on what players are doing and not doing, but he didn't bring that to me so I wouldn't say that I wasn't trusting what I had. I just felt like the first thing I had to do was catch the football consistantly. I feel like after I do that, I can do whatever I need to with my speed and my abilities.

Q: You always seem to do well with catching passes in practice. Why do you think that hasn’t transferred over to punt returns where a guy like your speed could be a big asset?

A: I think it's just having the opportunity to do it all the time on a consistent basis and not just doing it o e week and not the next. You need to get into a rhythm with anything and it's hard to do that if you're not doing something on a consistent basis. You need to catch it every day coming off a punter's foot, knowing how to read it and such. So I personally feel comfortable back there now when the ball is coming off a punter's foot and I can catch the ball and do the things I have to do after I catch the football.

Q: With more and more punters going with the Aussie Rules kicks, what kind of challenges do they pose?

A: Some of them hang up in the air longer, some of them wobble, some are shorter. It is all about reading when someone does an Aussie kick and basically going out there and catching the football. That's what the coach places the emphasis on.

Q: For whatever the reason, you haven’t been able to get into a groove as a punt returner. I know it’s early, but thus far, are you making the kind of progress you had hoped for?

A: I feel like now I am getting the opportunity to work toward the consistency I need to get at and be in a consistent role because I am practicing all the time as far as being back there on punt return. I had the opportunity last year to return punts on two games and I felt really comfortable after the second game back there. I think for myself personally being in a live game with the opportunity to return punts and have the live coverage and such. After that second game, I was comfortable and ready to roll. Now I feel like I have confidence I myself and I know what I can do after I make that first guy miss.

Q: On punt returns, you’re more reactive than proactive. How much of being successful is tied into film study, having confidence in the guys in front of you, etc.?

A: You definitely can learn that – that’s why we have practice watch film and have special teams meetings throughout the week. We watch what a punter may use – he may be a directional punter where he only punts to the right side and some teams use that a lot. Then you might have a punter who punts directly down the middle. So that’s why we prepare ourselves throughout the week. I just have all the confidence in the world in my teammates in knowing they’re out there; and they have the confidence in me to where if I make one guy miss, , there’s a possibility I can take it to the house. So what I need to do is my job and that’s blocking my man. And I know those guys work at blocking their men.

Q: This is your fifth year and you’re on a one-year contract. Do you feel like this is your last opportunity to make it work with this team?

A: I don’t’ look at it as this being my last chance. I just try to keep a positive attitude and go to work. This is what I’m here to do – work. So every year I look at this as a challenge for myself. If I got a starting job, it would still be a challenge for me to keep that job. So I never look to get complacent or get too high about the things I do when I make plays for the team and I don’t get too low when things don’t work out my way. I just keep at it and keep working hard so that when I am given the opportunity, the coaches will see that I’m taking advantage of the opportunities they give me. All I’m trying to be is consistent. The opportunities haven’t really been there that much and I can’t speak of why that is, but I can take advantage of those opportunities I do get and look to contribute. This is my fifth year and I’d love to go out there and have a consistent role as something.

Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Interview with Sinorice Moss Empty Re: Interview with Sinorice Moss

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm

eh, Moss makes a decent 5th receiver, nothing less nothing more.
And as a punt returner, no thanks. We would have been better off keeping Mike Jennings around a couple seasons ago. He was light years ahead of Moss.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 pm

I'd rather have a one-legged Tyree.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:09 am

well I am going to be cautiously optimistic

Moss does have genuine ability and has great attitude and work ethic

I hope he can emerge as a kick/punt returner at least.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:57 am

If Manningham remains sidelined and if Moss continues his good form throughout camp, I wouldn't be surprised if Moss and Barden leapfrog Manningham on the depth chart.

We could also see packages featuring both Moss and Manningham with their speed.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:04 am

Big_Pete wrote:If Manningham remains sidelined and if Moss continues his good form throughout camp, I wouldn't be surprised if Moss and Barden leapfrog Manningham on the depth chart.

We could also see packages featuring both Moss and Manningham with their speed.
Manningham played great last year, Moss has done nothing in 4 years.

57 catches last year to 39 in 4 years, Moss will not jump in front of him unless Mario is unable to suit up.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down