TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Is Chad Pennington an option for Giants?

3 posters

Go down

Is Chad Pennington an option for Giants? Empty Is Chad Pennington an option for Giants?

Post  Big_Pete Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:26 am

With the Favre aquisition, the Jets are going to trade or more likely release Chad Pennington.

If Pennington is released, should the Giants be interested?

David Carr and Anthony Wright have been shaky to say the least so far in training camp and Woodson is going to take time to develop.

Pennington could give us that solid experienced vet behind Eli; the plus side for Chad is that he wouldn't have to move his family.

At the Giants he would have a legitimate shot at winning the championship, whereas his other likely options wll be places like Kansas City or Minnesota competing behind a young QB for playing time.

Any thoughts?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Is Chad Pennington an option for Giants? Empty Re: Is Chad Pennington an option for Giants?

Post  Big_Pete Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:31 am

Perhaps if we are really interested we could trade for Pennington; perhaps for Sinorice Moss?

both teams would then at least get some value for players they would otherwise have to release.

Favre could certainly use more talent at WR.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Is Chad Pennington an option for Giants? Empty Re: Is Chad Pennington an option for Giants?

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:09 am

I don't see the point of bringing in Chad, the Giants already have Wright, Carr, and Woodson. Why bring anyone else in, especially someone as injury prone as him. Plus he has a weak ass arm.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 am

Fair points

If you asked me a few weeks ago I would have agreed. But I was expecting to see more from Carr and Wright in camp - particularly Carr. I am very concerned about our backup QB; at this stage I don't think either could get the job done if needed. And that is exactly what is needed in a backup QB.

Pennington has alot of experience and has been successful; he also has playoff experience; more importantly he has a good football brain.

He may not have great arm strength, but he is productive and can get the ball to recievers.

We are going to have to cut a talented WR, it looks like Moss at this stage, we may as well get something for him.

I think it is worth considering in any event.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:41 pm

Well the Jets released Pennington, so if the Giants want to give him a shot, they can. Its a short drive too.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:43 pm

NYG Hampton 27 wrote:Well the Jets released Pennington, so if the Giants want to give him a shot, they can. Its a short drive too.
I was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it; lets see what happens.

If the Giants are interested in Pennington, I would imagine something would happen sooner rather than later.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:46 pm

No Pennington shouldn't be an option. With Wright and Carr competing we have our vet back ups. Miami, Kansas City, Baltimore, and Minnesota are much more attractive places for Chad anyway.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:49 pm

You are probably whoever wins the competition for backup between Carr and Wright should be ok
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down