TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

sorry, but I am over Burress

3 posters

Go down

sorry, but I am over Burress Empty sorry, but I am over Burress

Post  Big_Pete Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:08 am

Firstly, I know that people will disagree and thats fine.

Plaxico needs to get into camp and now.

I am sorry I don't buy his ankle being that much of a problem; if it is then why has he been walking the sidelines and not working with our medial staff?

If there is lingering problems despite claiming months ago that he was 100%, the injury is potenitally a problem and there is no way he is worth anywhere near the kind of money he is after.

Is Burress (and Rosenhaus) being up front with us? I doubt it. Publically critising the front office's handling of Shockey further shows poor attitude. IT should have been kept between Shockey and the Front Office.

Burress needs to get on the field and ASAP. Either he is part of this team or not.

If not, then we should move on without him.

The fact is the Giants have plenty of good young WR talent this year. Losing Burress will hurt no doubt, but give our young guys chances and they will step up. Amani can also wind back the clock if need be. Our WR corps would be fine.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

sorry, but I am over Burress Empty Re: sorry, but I am over Burress

Post  Big_Pete Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:22 am

Personally if I were Jerry Reese, I would be quietly seeing if teams would be interested in Burress.

I don't think we would have to look far.

The Jets had just traded for Favre in a short term attempt for post season success, the do lack quality weapons for him; they would certainly be interested in Burress.

I would imagine we could easily get a 2nd and 4th round pick for Burress (with a higher pick the following year if that pick goes to GB for Favre)

We know Toomer is a solid reciever and between Smith, Hixon, Tyree, Moss, Manningham, London, Hall and Thorpe, we have enough genuine talent to step up and get the job done; whoever wins the roster spots will have definate ability to get the job done.

Lets re-invest Burress contract in retaining our talented youngsters.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Plax being with the team is good enough for me. Its not like he's actually "Holding out". If his ankle is banged up then let him wait til its 100%. Its not worth risking for a meaningless preseason game, IMO. I like our depth too but we need Plax. Eli needs Plax. Of course he's gonna speak on the Shockey trade. Shock is his BFF, thats just what BFF's do. If this is indeed about money then pay him. Burress has placed himself among the top 10 receivers in the league. I completely understand if he wants to be paid like one.

Losing Strahan, Wilson, and Shockey in one offseason is bad enough we don't need to lose Plax.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  xXx_Matte Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:40 pm

I've had enough of his prima donna shit, too, dude, but Burress is a great player and he's a part of this team.
He gives us the best chance to win...
He just wants to be happy, and we can help him do that.

He needs to, however, let the whole "ankle" thing go.
xXx_Matte
xXx_Matte
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 pm

xXx_Matte wrote:I've had enough of his prima donna shit, too, dude, but Burress is a great player and he's a part of this team.
He gives us the best chance to win...
He just wants to be happy, and we can help him do that.

He needs to, however, let the whole "ankle" thing go.

I suspect his ankle crap is tied in with his contract

he still wants $8-$9mill a year which the Giants cannot or should not pay.

I would be happy to up it to around $5-6 mill a year, but thats about it.

I think it is crunch time for Burress, either get on the field and become part of this team or Fark Off.

There will be a drop off, but we have plenty of talented guys waiting for their chances; they will get the job done.

Consider the times we have relied on other youngseters to step up in recent years:
Diehl at LT, Cofield at DT, Butler, Johnson at S last year; Gribril at S; Boss at TE; Jacobs at RB etc etc
lets see what our WRs can do
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down