TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Safety, C.C. Brown to visit Giants

2 posters

Go down

Safety, C.C. Brown to visit Giants Empty Safety, C.C. Brown to visit Giants

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 pm

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/03/report_free_agent_safety_cc_br.html

Not a big name here but it's good to see the giants haven't forgotten about depth at the safety position in this wild free agency period that we've had so far.

The Giants currently only have 3-4 safeties with M. Johnson, Phillips, and Cargile.
Travonti Johnson is somewhat of a tweener, who has some collegiate and semi-pro experience at both safety and cornerback. It'll be interesting where.. or even if he fits in this summer.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Safety, C.C. Brown to visit Giants Empty Re: Safety, C.C. Brown to visit Giants

Post  Big_Pete Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:04 am

At first I though of Brown as solid back up safety material and probably special teamer; he played FS for the Texans

However after doing some research, he looks like a solid guy and may well be in the mix at SS (if Phillips plays FS)

he is also coming back from a serious injury (he only playes three games last year after playing in almost every games in previous seasons)

we should remember that Houston has had ordinary safeties, but that could be partially down to talent, scheme etc.

He should be reasonably priced as well

I actually think he would be a better signing than Sammy Knight, if he can be brought in for a reasonable price.

The other thing with this kind of free agency signing is that it adds valuable depth, but doesn't prevent the Giants getting a safety at some point in the draft, but they don't have to do it.

Last edited by Big_Pete on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 am

CC Brown's stats (from NFL.com)

Height: 6-0 Weight: 208 Age: 26
Born: 1/27/1983 Greenwood , MS
College: Louisiana-Lafayette
Experience: 4th season
High School: Greenwood HS [MS]

• 2008 Houston Texans, 3 GP (3 GS), 15 tkl ( 12 solo, 3 assist), 0.0 sack, 1 PD, 0.0 Int
  • 2007 Houston Texans, 16 GP (16 GS), 84 tkl (64 solo, 20 assist), 0.0 sack, 8 PD, 1 Int (9 yds)
  • 2006 Houston Texans, 15 GP (15 GS), 76 tkl (66 solo, 10 assist), 1.0 sack. 4 PD, 1 Int (0 yds)
  • 2005 Houston Texans, 16 GP (13 GS), 79 tkl (53 solo, 26 assist), 0.0 sack, 1 PD, 1 Int (5 yds)

He is better than I firsy thought averaging around 6 tackles a game (4 solo); but he is nothing special in coverage or on the line of scrimmage

Brown is a solid guy and is probably one of the better guys in an ordinary texans secondary

Last edited by Big_Pete on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:50 am

I don't think this would be a bad signing. He should come cheap enough and would at worst, be a decent back-up for us I think.
He's coming off from a fractured arm injury, but typically that is an injury that heals decently.
I wouldn't let this move change my way of thinking going into the draft though.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 am

A fractured arm is no concern really

other than perhaps Houston put him on IR rather than waiting the 6 weeks-ish for it to heal; he could have come back and played in the last 7 or so games

if the injury was shoulder, knee ankle etc then that would be an issue

Alot will depend on the kind of money he wants, but if he wants around the deal Knight got with us (or a little higher) then he will ne a Giants

it won't affect the draft too much other than safety not being an urgent priority

I still think we at a safty at some point in the draft though
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down