TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Next Defensive Coordinator??

3 posters

Go down

Who do you want to see as the next defensive coordinator for the Giants

Next Defensive Coordinator?? Bar_left0%Next Defensive Coordinator?? Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Defensive Coordinator?? Bar_left100%Next Defensive Coordinator?? Bar_right 100% 
[ 3 ]
Next Defensive Coordinator?? Bar_left0%Next Defensive Coordinator?? Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Next Defensive Coordinator?? Empty Next Defensive Coordinator??

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:29 pm

So who do you want to see as the next defensive coordinator and why?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Next Defensive Coordinator?? Empty Re: Next Defensive Coordinator??

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:41 pm

After alot of thought, my preferredf candidate is Romeo Crennel, and here is why

1. He is very experienced running top quality defenses on championship teams.

2. He has history working with the Giants and will be very familiar with tradition, history and pride. This will help us to get back the old school Giants attitude to the defense.

3. Crennel was worked with Tom Coughlin whilst under Parcells, both will know each other exceptionally well.

4. Coughlin will be able to trust Crennel implicitly to get the job done, leaving hm free to address the other issues.

5. Crennel is a former Dline coach and will be able to shake things up in the trenches.

6. Although Crennel likes a 3-4, he can also run a 4-3; the Pats used alot of 4-3 at times. (Although a move to a 3-4 is still a possibility albeit unlikely)

7. Crennel has proven ability to relate well to players and get the best out of them.

8. The Defensive coordinator will have a reasonable amount of autonomy

9. Crennel is experienced in bringing in the kind of guys he needs for defense, this will be important with defense being a priority in the draft.

10. Both current and past Giant players have a lot of respect for Crennel.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I'd like Crennel because he's a proven commodity as a DC. We know he can do the job well.

I also like Pepper Johnson, of course b/c he's a former Giant but being under Belichek so long says 2 things: 1. He's good because if not Bill would have gotten rid of him and 2. He certainly learned a lot from him.

But of those two, I voted for Crennel
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 pm

I think the big difference is that we have an experienced DC who has had success and has alot of credibility and the respect of players, which is where Romeo Crennel is the best fit.

There are alot of top quality candidates out there, but I expect Crennel to be the front runner.

Ironically Crennel interviewed for the Giants HC job when Coughlin did..

I like Pepper Johnson alot but he is not a proven DC yet. I would like to see him signed as Ast DC/DL coach and be groomed as Crennel's eventual replacement. It would be real nice to get some long term continuity happening
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:40 am

You guys both make valid points. Sign me up for Crennel as well.

Always been a Pepper Johnson fan as a player but I'm just not so sure about his coaching skills.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Pepper coach here though if he's the right fit. I just don't know enough about him going from a positional coach to a coordinator. Don't want to see another Sheridan meltdown.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:02 am

Don't get me wrong, I like Peppers, but I think our situation ideally calls for an expoerienced DC.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Big_Pete wrote:
I like Pepper Johnson alot but he is not a proven DC yet. I would like to see him signed as Ast DC/DL coach and be groomed as Crennel's eventual replacement. It would be real nice to get some long term continuity happening
I think that would be the most ideal situation.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down