TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Eagles trade McNabb to Redskins

3 posters

Go down

Eagles trade McNabb to Redskins Empty Eagles trade McNabb to Redskins

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 am

Kind of an odd move to make, trading Donavan to another team that the eagles will have to play twice a year when they probably had other choices to trade him to. But it won't be the first time something like this has happened to QB's inside a division.

The eagles will receive a second rd draft pick this year and a third rd next year in trade from Washington.

For the Giants, it means they will likely go up against an unproven QB in Kevin Kolb but will still have to face McNabb twice a year also.
And I wouldn't count Vick out of the race in Philly neither.

I think Shanahan is putting together a solid team over there in Wash. and it will be a very competitive year for all the teams in the east.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Eagles trade McNabb to Redskins Empty Re: Eagles trade McNabb to Redskins

Post  Big_Pete Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:44 pm

It is a brave move but i think this trade is good for both teams

Jason Campbell will likely get cut or traded.

it will be interesting to see how it turns out
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:12 pm

What speaks volumnes to me is that the eagles don't seem to worried they have to play mcnabb 2 a year. A plAyer who knows their defenses better than most. They may feel they know mcnabbs weaknesses but they don't know shanahans.

I like this trade more for the skins not only because what I mentioned above but also they get a proven winner who looks to have at least 3 more productive seasons. This immediately makes Washington a threat for the division title. Philly will get a pair of unproven players but one not untill next year.

How this effects us: it don't. We were prepared to play mcnabb anyway.

Nfc east power shift? Not really in my eyes because I thought Dallas and us were top teams anyway. I think this changes the skins and Philly tho. I don't think Kolb is all that. Once teams get game tape on him he won't have those type of games he had. I also think their d isn't all that. They do a good job of staying young but they lost too many of their big time players to make an impact next season.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Pizan wrote:
How this effects us: it don't. We were prepared to play mcnabb anyway.
Gotta disagree bro.
While true, we were prepared to play McNabb anyway. In a sense, we were also in good position to win two against Washington once again this year. McNabb now makes this much tougher to accomplish.

For the record. I see Kolb getting pulled in favor of Vick at sometime this season which also won't be fun for the Giants.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 pm

I definitely see what your saying TD. Personally, I'm not worried about the Kolb/Vick combo and while McNabb makes Washington that much better I still believe we can sweep them. They don't have a legitimate threat at receiver other than Cooley. Portis may have a better year but each of their RB's are passed their prime.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 pm

This is not unlike when the Pats traded Bledsoe to a division rival early this decade.

It is rare for any trades with division rivals let alone a franchise QB.

I don't think the Eagles are going with a Vick/Kolb combo.

Apparantly Andy Reid wanted to keep McNabb but was over ruled by his GM, also remember the Eagles have a new GM this year, he probably will do things a little differently.

What I think will happen is that the Eagles will be prepared to go with Kolb as the moment, but will draft a QB to develop for the future. To some degree they are in a transition/rebuilding period.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:11 pm

As far as the Redskins go I think they are going with veterans for short term success (much like Denver)
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Big_Pete wrote:As far as the Redskins go I think they are going with veterans for short term success (much like Denver)
I think so too. Sometimes it works out sometimes it don't. But the redskins have very little to lose with either direction they take at this point.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:50 pm

TD wrote:
Big_Pete wrote:As far as the Redskins go I think they are going with veterans for short term success (much like Denver)
I think so too. Sometimes it works out sometimes it don't. But the redskins have very little to lose with either direction they take at this point.

I think it is proven that building through the draft is the most sustainable long term, but it takes time. Often it takes several years for a rookie to fully realise his potential.

It is a big reason why I am so happy with what Reese has been able to do. We have a roster deep with decent young talent and we give them time and opportunity to reasile their potential.

It is why we have the position where we can rely on youngsters like Diehl, Boss, Smith, Manningham etc to step up to replace key veterans.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down