TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

The Official 2010 Pizan's Mock Draft Rd.1 (With Trades!!!!)

3 posters

Go down

The Official 2010 Pizan's Mock Draft Rd.1 (With Trades!!!!) Empty The Official 2010 Pizan's Mock Draft Rd.1 (With Trades!!!!)

Post  Pizan Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:45 am

The much anticipated mock draft of the year is finally here! I wasn't going to do one this year but with the overwhelming amount of support/demand I received via email and personal messages I just had to give the fans what they wanted. As like years before I do include trades and true surprises, I also include a brief sometimes not so brief explanation. Truly worth your click I shit you not. So without further ado. . .

Round 1

1. St. Louis Rams- *Trade* Cleveland Browns -

Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

I just so happen to have a source on this one. . . wait hear me out. I work in state college PA. One of my customers happens to be a lady named Dorothy Sandusky. Ring any bells? That's right birth mother of Jonny Sandusky, Director of Player Personnel for the Cleveland Browns. We were chatting up a few weeks ago and she had told me a few whispers that now since PFT.com is reporting I can share with you. She told me that Jonny and the boys (Holmgren included) flew to Oklahoma and really like the kid QB there, Sam Bradfor. Obviously I knew who she was talking about. And then my speculation grew. Its also said Andy Reid really likes Bradford, a Holmgren disciple. So I said to myself, "Self, this makes perfect sense!". See Holmgren is acquiring vet players in bunches limiting his draft needs and preparing for a quicker turn around. So now what to do with 11 draft picks? Use them to trade up! Delhomme was the perfect vet gamble, Wallace is what he is a backup/ insurance policy just incase Delhomme is as bad as advertised. Enter Bradford who will sit a year or two learning getting his first start perhaps when Holmgren is ready to return to the sidelines.

2. Detroit Lions --

Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St.

I'm tired of this talk about how the first 4 picks are all a lock. Every mock draft same first 4 picks. Tell me this Charlie Casserly, if you could do it over again would you draft David Carr a Friggin LT? Because I know if I was you, I would. Lions learn from their mistake. You have your franchise invested in Matthew Stattford give him some protection for the next 10 years. Suh is very tempting here but they have done a nice job repairing that dline through FA. It would be a huge mistake passing on Okung, just ask Charlie.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - *Trade* - New York Giants

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

It's no secret Tampa wants to trade down. They have their choice of DTs but have many other needs to fill. Enter the Giants. Osi isn't happy, Cofield isn't happy. So they send those two to Tampa with the 15th overall selection and possibly a receiver like Hixon or Moss for the 3rd overall pick. With Rumors swirling that division rivals would select Suh if available at 4 the Giants are even more enticed to make the move.

4. Washington Redskins -

Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

The Giants steal the man Washington had their eyes on, its High School all over again for Daniel Synder. Bulaga is not a bad second option though and would be and immediate plug in at LT.

5. Kansas City Chiefs -

Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

A surprise to some but he is by far the best 3-4 inside backer in this draft. He can come in and lead that Defense right away.

6. Seattle Seahawks -

Eric Berry S Tennessee

Seattle needs 2 starters back there, Berry is a good start to a much needed position.

7. Cleveland Browns - *Trade* - St. Louis Rams

Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma

The Rams trade down acquire some much needed picks and a DT at a much more reasonable price.

8. Oakland Raiders -

Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

After Bruce Campbell and Trent Williams ran fast 40's everybody said "he's a Raider". But not I. See they forgot one thing, Al doesn't draft the position he should. Instead he'll go with a pass rusher who can do 100 backflips in a row, because thats the type of football player Al likes.

9. Buffalo Bills -

Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

Oakland passes, the Bills capitalize. They need a OT in the worse way. Whats the point on drafting a QB when he'll never have time to throw it?

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - *Trade* - New England Patriots -

Jared Odrick DE Penn State

Odrick is going to go much higher than most draft experts think. He's the best 5-tech player in the draft just ask Tyson Jackson how much that means. So the Patriots make the move up in front of 3 3-4 defensive teams, one being arch nemesis Bill Parcells the other being Josh McDaniels' squad.

11. Denver Broncos -

Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

Right after Denver got rid of one headache everyone immediately inked Dez Bryant. Tell me that makes sense? Get rid of one prima donna for another. No instead they take the less of a headache WR even though it may be considered a bit of a reach.

12. Miami Dolphins -

Dan Williams NT Tennessee

Jason Ferguson wasn't the player he used to be when he was with Dallas, they need an upgrade. Dan Williams fits the bill.

13. San Francisco 49ers-

Kyle Wilson CB Boise St.

Not only is he my #1 ranked corner but he's a better fit than Hadden here. The 49ers also need a return man and Wilson is excellent at that but its the intangibles that Mike Singletary will like most.

14. Seattle Seahawks -

C.J. Spiller RB Clemson

Pete Carrol addresses two major needs for the Seahawks. Here he gets his explosive threat at RB that he loves to have.

15. New York Giants - *Trade* - Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma St.

They trade back and land one of their biggest needs as well as getting a pro bowl DE and starting DT. Raheem Morris will be able to relate well with Dez Bryant they are almost the same age.

16. Tennessee Titans -

Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech

It's either Morgan or Graham here. Morgan is a better fit for a 4-3.

17. San Francisco 49ers -

Brandon Graham OLB Michigan

They need a pass rusher and he fits the character Singletary wants to build his team of.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers -

Kareem Jackson CB Alabama

With the Bengals and Ravens stacking up their receiving units the Steelers need an NFL ready corner like Jackson and it just so happens they are really high on him.

19. Atlanta Falcons -

Sean Weatherspoon OLB/MLB Missouri

I'm very high on Spoon and this is a no brainer pick for the Falcons.

20. Houston Texans - *Trade* Philadelphia Eagles

Joe Hadden CB Florida

I know many of you are thinking no way but I think that slow 40 time scared some teams off. Texans could use a corner and could very well turn down the Eagles but they choose the trade instead.

21. Cincinnati Bengals -

Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma

Without a question Cincy's biggest need.

22. New England Patriots - *Trade* Jacksonville Jaguars

Earl Thomas S Texas

The Trade down works perfect for the Jags although they could take Tebow here they take the much needed help at S instead.

23. Green Bay Packers -

Sergio Kindle OLB Texas

With Aaron Kampon gone they need a passrushing OLB to complete the switch to the 3-4. And if anyone watched the playoff game where they got shredded by the Cardinals who could argue this pick?

24. Philadelphia Eagles - *Trade* - Houston Texans

Ryan Matthews RB Fresno St.

Texans need a RB in the worst way and many consider Matthews a complete every down RB.

25. Baltimore Ravens -

Devin McCourty CB Rutgers

With Taylor Mays still on the board they get temoted but there is a far greater need at corner back.

26. Arizona Cardinals -

Mike Iupati OG/OT Idaho

The Cardinals need lineman which makes this pick very easy. Iupati could start at either G or T immediately. He's a Grimm type of guy.

27. Dallas Cowboys -

Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

He reminds me a lot of Flozell when he entered the league. So its fitting to me. Dallas could also trade back or take S Nate Allen here.

28. San Diego Chargers - *Trade* - Jacksonville Jaguars -

Tim Tebow QB Florida

Its rumored the Vikings like Tebow a lot so the Jaguars can't chance it. They trade up to get their man that Wayne Weaver hopes to save his franchise.

29. New York Jets -

Tyson Alualu DE Cal

The next best 5 technique player in the draft. Alualu would be an immediate upgrade and fit what Rex Ryan is trying to do there with the Jets.

30. Minnesota Vikings -

Maurkice Pouncey OG/OC Florida

Could start at either position for the Vikings.

31. Indianapolis Colts -

Rodger Saffold OT/OG Indiana

A bit of a surprise for some but he's an Indy type of lineman who gives them insurance at G and T just incase Ugoh can't pull out of that sophomore slump.

32. New Orleans Saints - *Trade* - Buffalo Bills

Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

My biggest faller goes to Clausen. The number 1 flaws you can't have as a qb is poor leadership qualitys and intangibles. Thats Jimmys biggest flaws and that my friends links him to Ryan Leaf, get what I'm saying?
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

The Official 2010 Pizan's Mock Draft Rd.1 (With Trades!!!!) Empty Re: The Official 2010 Pizan's Mock Draft Rd.1 (With Trades!!!!)

Post  Big_Pete Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:43 am

Nice work, I really like the Cleveland trade.

I think there could well be another blockbuster trade between now and the Draft which will have a huge impact..

Don't be surprised if the Steelers moves Ben Roethlisberger, very possibly to the Raiders.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official 2010 Pizan's Mock Draft Rd.1 (With Trades!!!!) Empty Re: The Official 2010 Pizan's Mock Draft Rd.1 (With Trades!!!!)

Post  Big_Pete Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:59 am

I like your pick for the Giants, I really think Suh is a little under rated at the moment and the Giants are the most likely team who will trade up to pick him

but I have a question

what players do you think they will target in rounds 2-7?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:12 am

Awesome job Pizan and nice detail.

Only thing I'll add is that if the skins catch wind of the giants wanting to move ahead of them for Suh (and they likely would)then the skins would be in a much better position to make a better offer to the Bucs. The Bucs then would only have to drop one spot down.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Pete- I think it's possible Ben is traded but not likely. I don't see the Rooney family parting with him for anything less than two 1st round picks. Although I heard tomlin feels dixon can be just as productive.

I don't have my giants picks all completed yet but almost. I would still like to see us make a move for aj hawk but that seems unlikely.

Td- the biggest problems with the teams at the top of the draft is the price they are paying these rookies. Tampa is one of the teams that made that known. Also Washington doesn't have the draft picks or players to out match us IMO. If we offer osi, cofield, hixon, and our 15th I can't see us being turned down. That gives them 3 young vet staters and potentially another starter with the rook at a much more reasonable price for them. I think Washington being that close actually works against them.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 am

yeah, in a way that makes sense
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:59 pm

There is talk from Chris Mortensen that the Giants are shopping Osi, quite possibly to Miami (enabling Parcells to get his Demarcus Ware style player).

persumably that could involve swapping 1st round picks which is an interesting way of trading up.

It also makes sense of the Jason Pierre-Paul talk.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Big_Pete wrote:There is talk from Chris Mortensen that the Giants are shopping Osi, quite possibly to Miami (enabling Parcells to get his Demarcus Ware style player).

persumably that could involve swapping 1st round picks which is an interesting way of trading up.

It also makes sense of the Jason Pierre-Paul talk.

lol. Ware is the leagues best defensive player who does it all at the highest level. Osi is just a pass rusher. I also think after Miami made that trade for Marshall that knocked them outta the race for Osi. But then they also canceled a meet with Taylor, so who knows.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:39 am

I've been thinking about that Pierre-Paul talk. We could be interested but I really don't think that's what we are doing here. Showing interest in jpp tells teams we are preparing to replace osi. It's basically putting him on the trade block without saying it. Osi is now a disgruntled player we have to be extra carefully preserving his trade value and our relationship with him. With his very tradable contract and with his young age we won't settle with a second round pick. I honestly feel our best bet is to use him to trade up to improve our overall dline and give us a real threat in the middle. I don't think jpp is even on the radar. The giants don't let info out unless they want it to.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:50 pm

You could be right, in fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if we passed him up.

It will all come down to what grades the scout and front office have put on players.

That is very much behind closed doors and everyone is making eductaed guesses.

The Giants are very thorough with scouting and lets not forget that Reese himself has a scouting background. I would argue that the Giants have the best scouting department in the NFL.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down