TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Domenik Hixon out for the season

4 posters

Go down

Domenik Hixon out for the season Empty Domenik Hixon out for the season

Post  Big_Pete Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:32 pm

from
http://trainathought.insidefootball.com/2010/06/-domenik-hixon-suffers-torn-acl.html

Domenik Hixon Suffers Torn ACL

WR Domenik Hixon, who was initially was reported to have suffered a hyperextended right knee in yesterday’s workout at the new stadium, actually suffered a torn ACL, which means he’s done for the year.

Hixon, who as a RFA had signed a non-guaranteed one-year tender, will have surgery in 2-3 weeks once the swelling goes down.

With Hixon finished for the year, the Giants will have to find a new punt returner. As of right now, the candidates include Aaron Ross, Sinorice Moss, Andre Brown, Mario Manningham, and Antrel Rolle, all of whom have tken turns returning punts during the OTAs and in the mini camp.

Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Domenik Hixon out for the season Empty Re: Domenik Hixon out for the season

Post  Pizan Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 am

Negatives: Uh oh, here we go again.

Positives: At least its at a deep position. Plus this will help the development of Barden. He'll benefit the most from this. Sad to see though.

Also, I think Bradshaw should be returning punts.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:27 am

Losing Hixon definately hurts in the special teams area. He's also a decent receiver so I hope we get no more injuries there.

I think we still have some options for punt returning (and Moss shouldn't be one of them).
Mario, Ross, and Bradshaw should all remain an option.

Derek Hagan likely doesn't get cut this year with the Hixon injury. Hagan has showed to be a decent receiver in camp last year plus he plays specials well.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:52 pm

TD wrote:Losing Hixon definately hurts in the special teams area. He's also a decent receiver so I hope we get no more injuries there.

I think we still have some options for punt returning (and Moss shouldn't be one of them).
Mario, Ross, and Bradshaw should all remain an option.

Derek Hagan likely doesn't get cut this year with the Hixon injury. Hagan has showed to be a decent receiver in camp last year plus he plays specials well.
I agree on Moss. I don't want Ross doing it either, he's to injury prone. I think Bradshaw is going to get more and more important to the offense in time so I wouldn't want to risk him either.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down