TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants vs Patriots tonight

2 posters

Go down

Giants vs Patriots tonight Empty Giants vs Patriots tonight

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:00 am

Last preseason game for the Giants.

Even though the starters will only see a handful of plays it will still be a good game to see what some of these back ups can bring with one last shot.

Bomar will be under the radar. I really hope this kid can keep up the work he's shown so far. Would really like to see him put on some good drives and make a come from behind win. This would make a lot of people feel more comfortable to go into the season with.

The younger defensive backs really need to step up. One of these back-ups really need to show that they can hang with the big boys. Haven't seen that yet this pre season.

56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Giants vs Patriots tonight Empty Re: Giants vs Patriots tonight

Post  Big_Pete Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 pm

I think Bomar is a year away from being a capable #2.

I don't see how this game will help Bomar too much, like most of the preseason he won't be going up against first team defenses much.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:14 pm

found a free P2P stream, so I can watch the game (kind of - at work)

wow, that is a very nice opening drive by the starters. Seems like our starting offense is starting to click.

It is worth mentioning that they got Bradshaw and Boss involved in the drive. Great to see.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Special teams is bad..

first we fumbled the opening kickoff

then we allow a big return

we have to do better
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:43 am

Bomar was sort of hot and cold last night.
I thought he played decent, commanded the offense nicely and reacted well to the defenses. He did most things right in that sense.
The biggest flaw I saw with Bomar was his accracy issues. He let the ball sail off on his receivers a few times.
If that can be corrected, I have no problem with keeping him in as the second QB.

Shawn Andrews is a nice gift to have. If his back holds up, he will be a starter shortly.

Gartrell Johnson had some nice agressive runs and his blocking was excellent. He knows how to follow his blocks well.
Also a nice open field tackle on specials. I don't know how this kid can get cut.

Tim Brown did not impress in any phase of his game. (returning, blocking, or receiving) You can see his speedy potential but he needed to show a lot more in order to not get cut.

The 5th corner is still to be determined. From Bruce Johnson down, they continue to look bad. Bruce J. did have nice coverage on one play but that was it.

Barry Cofield continues to unimpress me. He whiffed a few times. I'm still somewhat surprised that he is a starter on the line.

Thought Goff had good instincts most of the game. He may have solidified the middle spot for himself. I still don't like him as a 3 down linebacker though. Not enough speed.

Boley played awesome. A couple passes got past him but he had nice coverage most times. He even batted a couple away with those long arms.

Gotta go, I'll think of some more later
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:17 pm

I was impressed bu Goff, perhaps the best I have seen of him to date.

I think there is a lot of encouraging signs this week, even the corners were ok-ish without alot of the starters
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down