TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach

3 posters

Go down

Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach Empty Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach

Post  Big_Pete Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:21 pm

from http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/01/five_names_that_could_be_on_ny.html

Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach
By Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
January 29, 2010, 7:45PM

With Chris Palmer “retired,” the Giants will have to find a new quarterbacks coach. Here are five names that might be on their list:

Jim Zorn, former Redskins head coach

Former QB coach with Seahawks and Lions, currently interviewing for Ravens QB coach spot

Garrick McGee, Arkansas offensive coordinator

Tom Coughlin’s assistant QB coach in Jacksonville and a former Oklahoma QB

David Cutcliffe, Duke head coach

Eli Manning’s college coach withdrew from running for Tennessee job but might be intrigued by NFL

Sean Ryan, Giants offensive quality control coach

Solid young assistant who was a QB coach at Siena and Columbia

John DeFilippo, former Jets assistant quarterbacks coach

Former Giants offensive quality control coach
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach Empty Re: Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach

Post  Big_Pete Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Of this list I really like Zorn as an option

1. He knows how to develop good QB play (Hassleback's style of play is not unlike Eli;s and he did well with Jason Campbell)

2. He is used to having very effective pasing games and is very familiar with cold weather football

3. He knows the NFC East defenses which will mean he can hit the ground running

4. A bonus will be that he knows the Redskin players and systems resally well, which can be used to our advantage

5. It will likely upset/piss off Dan Snyder and allow Zorn a little payback for how he was treated this season.

If you want a darkhorse/bolter it would be Jim Fassel who also does well developing QB but it is a bit of a long shot
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach Empty Re: Five names that could be on NY Giants' list of candidates for quarterbacks coach

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:58 am

Zorn would be acceptable. I don't like him as a headcoach but would be ok as a QB coach helping out with mechanics. Just don't let this guy call any offensive plays please.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:01 am

I think we'll promote from within although I rather we look outside the box. We have had bad bad luck with developing young prospects.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:25 pm

Pizan wrote:I think we'll promote from within although I rather we look outside the box. We have had bad bad luck with developing young prospects.

Ideally I would agree

I am not sure about Sean Ryan as a QB coach though at this point.

To be honest, I don't know alot of the usual suspects. Although I would like an up and coming coach who could replace Gilbride in the next couple of years.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down