TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Jacobs wants to be traded?

3 posters

Go down

Jacobs wants to be traded? Empty Jacobs wants to be traded?

Post  Big_Pete Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm

from http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/20/giants-to-jettison-brandon-jacobs/

Giants to Jettison Brandon Jacobs?

9/20/2010 4:52 PM ET By David Elfin
AText Size
Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on

After losing for the third time in four games -- dating to Week 16 of 2009 -- by at least 24 points, the Giants are feeling awfully blue this morning. But Brandon Jacobs, who has the Giants seeing red, is the big story in the wake of the 38-14 shellacking they suffered in Indianapolis. The Bergen (N.J.) Record reports that the former No. 1 back will ask to be traded today.

Jacobs wasn't happy when he switched places with former backup Ahmad Bradshaw to start the season. And the 28-year-old Jacobs' mood has only darkened since he has been handed the ball just 16 times during the first two games compared to 37 for the 24-year-old Bradshaw. Bradshaw, who averaged 4.8 yards per carry in 2009 to Jacobs' 3.7, is averaging 4.4 this year to Jacobs' 3.3.

When coach Tom Coughlin snapped at him after one poor run against the Colts, Jacobs tossed his helmet at the bench. However, his aim was badly off and the headgear wound up in the stands. Jacobs didn't play another down. Coughlin said that was because the Giants were so far behind, that he had been unaware of the helmet incident. However, after the drubbing, Coughlin didn't hide his displeasure with the one-time bruising Jacobs' style.

"Enough of that east-west stuff, you have to head north at some time," Coughlin said.

The chagrined Jacobs apologized to the fans for his errant throw but went off on a reporter when asked about being benched. It was his second such explosion this month. It certainly seems that a change of scenery, away from the hyper-competitive New York media market couldn't hurt.

"I have a lot on me right now, you know what I mean?" Jacobs said before berating the reporter. "It's not good. I just want to forget about all of this."

Jacobs would like to forget that it has been 21 games since he last rushed for 100 yards. That was so long ago that Barack Obama had been elected just five days earlier.

The Giants would like to forget that they signed Jacobs to a four-year, $25 million contract the following offseason. Most of the $13 million guaranteed has already been paid, but with nearly $12 million in base salary still remaining, New York is more likely to have to cut Jacobs than to find a team willing to assume the contract of a very unhappy back who has run for just 887 yards in 17 games since signing the big deal.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Jacobs wants to be traded? Empty Re: Jacobs wants to be traded?

Post  Big_Pete Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:50 pm

I think the issues with Jacobs are getting to the point of no return.

I think now is a good time to trade him and get some value. It is clear he isn't the number 1 RB here and he seriously isn't happy.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:24 pm

I don't know. It's obvous that BJ is still unhappy with his role but c'mon just do what your asked to do.
And if that means only running north with the ball then so be it.
With an unproven first string RB and no rb depth behind Jacobs a trade is unlikely.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 pm

from espn.com

Report: Brandon Jacobs wants a trade
September, 20, 2010 Sep 2012:27PM
By Matt Mosley

The New York Giants' embattled running back Brandon Jacobs will request a trade Monday, according to the Bergen County Record's Vinny DiTrani. Citing an anonymous source, DiTrani reports that Jacobs will approach general manager Jerry Reese with his trade request.

And from what I know about Reese, he'll calmly tell Jacobs to return to the locker room and focus on helping his teammates. This is a player who used to give New York's offense an identity in the power running game. But over the past few weeks, Jacobs has stood out more for his whining and immature behavior. Whether intentional or not, it was still ridiculous for the running back to fling his helmet into the stands last night during the third quarter of a 38-14 loss to the Colts.

Jacobs embarrassed the organization and he didn't help matters by reportedly shouting at Newsday beat writer Tom Rock after he asked a perfectly logical question about Jacobs' playing time in the second half. I'm sure that coach Tom Coughlin and Reese will both have conversations with Jacobs today during which they'll try to convince him to place his teammates ahead of his ego.

This is a prideful guy who's been humiliated by his demotion. And even if the Giants wanted to trade him, is there a huge market for a 264-pound tailback who occasionally forgets that he's not Barry Sanders? I'm sure the Giants knew there would be fallout from demoting Jacobs, but they probably didn't think he'd act irrationally for weeks at a time.

Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Tuck appeared to admonish Jacobs last night on the sideline and I think he'll continue to drive home his point Monday. With the retirement of Antonio Pierce, Tuck is now the most vocal leader on the team. But right now, the loudest voice in the locker room belongs to Jacobs.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Honestly I still believe in Jacobs and his trade value would be way too low at this point. Now if a team comes with a good offer for Jacobs of course we should listen but I doubt we get one. Green Bay and Seattle should be heavily interested though and Green Bay may be willing to part ways with a little more than we think. A.J. Hawk and Leroy Hill would be players to consider. Question is if we trade Jacobs who replaces him? Do we also consider a trade for lynch?

Jacobs for Hawk or Hill.
A 3rd and another pick for Lynch.

That could be a gamble that could payoff huge but I still rather Jacobs stay.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:12 pm

I agree about Jacob's trade value.

My guess is if we traded Jacobs we would be looking to bring in either Andre Brown or Gatrell Johnson as a 3rd RB.

As far as value goes Leroy Hill, AJ Hawk or D'Qwell Jackson would be options

I would also ask about Logan Mankins or even a TE such as Matt Spaeth
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Actually thinking about it

Jacobs for AJ Hawk makes a lot of sense.

The Packers lost Grant for the year, so they could use a RB

and Hawk only played special teams in week 1 and is likely to be cut after the season anyways.

Like Jacobs, Hawk doesn't have much value trade-wise.

The key thing would be to get Hawk signed to a contract extention.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down