TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Burress: Will he or won't he hold out?

2 posters

Go down

Burress: Will he or won't he hold out? Empty Burress: Will he or won't he hold out?

Post  Big_Pete Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:33 pm

I have started hearing mixed messages from Burress from many several sources that despite his gurantee to be at training camp, he may hold out.

Perhaps contract negotiations are not going as well as expected and Reese isn't giving Burress the kind of extension he expects

from profootballweekly.com

July 11, 2008

Will he or won’t he hold out? Giants’ Burress sends mixed messages

Giants WR Plaxico Burress recently told the New York Post that there is “no doubt” he and agent Drew Rosenhaus will win their quest to earn a new contract or an extension and report to training camp on time. Two days later, Burress undercut his statement — or at least cast doubt — by saying he didn’t know how things would end up. But we hear that both sides remain fairly optimistic that things will work out. It could come down to the 11th hour, and if Burress were to miss the first day or two of camp, it would not be the end of the world. The bottom line is that it is very likely he’ll have new money before the start of August. The Giants’ front office people are just getting back into the office after taking the very common early July vacation time that most executives around the league take. And in the next two weeks, they are expected to get back to business on getting their receiver into camp on time, likely armed with a new deal.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Burress: Will he or won't he hold out? Empty Re: Burress: Will he or won't he hold out?

Post  Big_Pete Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:37 pm

If Plaxico Burress does hold out at training camp, he looses all respect from me, particularly as it is coming on the back of his antics at the mini camp.

If that happens I think Reese should explore trade opportunities.

From my perspective, the ball in in Burress's court now.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Burress: Will he or won't he hold out? Empty Re: Burress: Will he or won't he hold out?

Post  Pizan Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:12 pm

He'll threaten with it but he won't. I think a deal will be done during camp.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:17 pm

I should have added, that I think it is very unlikely to happen

but by the same token, if Burress did do it, I lose alot respect for him.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down